AS A CLIENT YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO:
1. Accept or refuse treatment recommended by the doctor or other professional, and to be informed of the medical consequences.
2. The following information:
- a. your condition.
- b. proposed major treatment or procedures.
- c. serious risks, significant or common complications, problems related to recuperation, and probability of success.
- d. name and professional status of the person responsible for performing major treatment or procedures.
- e. alternatives for care or treatment.
- f. reason for transfer to another medical facility, instructions for care/treatment after discharge from facility, for example, medications, diet.
3. Considerate, respectful, safe and competent care by Labrador-Grenfell Health staff at all times.
4. Privacy and control of the collection, use and disclosure of information about yourself.
5. Confidentiality of personal treatment and records through Labrador-Grenfell Health’s obligation to keep your personal health information private, ensuring that only those authorized have access to the information.
6. Translation services when English is not your spoken language.
7. Access to your health record as requested, with the assistance of a Labrador-Grenfell Health professional.
8. Obtain a second opinion from another health professional or facility. Travel costs will be your responsibility.
9. Know the Labrador-Grenfell Health rules and regulations applicable to your conduct as a client.
10. Know how to communicate a compliment or a complaint about your care.
AS A CLIENT YOU HAVE THE RESPONSIBILITY TO:
1. Be considerate and respectful of the rights of other clients and Labrador-Grenfell Health staff by assisting in control of abusive language and behaviour, noise, number of visitors, smoking and use of wireless devices and cellular phones.
2. Give the appropriate health professional correct and complete information about present complaints, past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications, and other matters relating to your health.
3. Report changes in your condition to the doctor or nurse or other health professional.
4. Inform relevant health professionals if you do not understand any aspect of the treatment program.
5. Follow instructions of the attending health professionals and accept consequences of non-compliance or refusal of treatment.
6. Keep appointments or notify the facility if unable to attend.
7. Respect Labrador-Grenfell Health policies regarding client care and conduct.
8. Respect Labrador-Grenfell Health property.
9. Follow safety directions as provided by staff, signage and other means.
To download a copy of the Labrador-Grenfell Health ‘Client Rights and Responsibilities’ poster, please click here:
Rights and Responsibilities for Clients