Captain William Jackman Memorial Hospital
Located in Labrador City, the Captain William Jackman (CWJ) Memorial Hospital serves Labrador West. The hospital has 20 beds, six of which are designated long-term care beds for levels three and four nursing care. Inpatient units provide care to medical, surgical, obstetrical, pediatric, respite, palliative care and psychiatric clients. The hospital is served by seven fee-for-service family physicians, a general surgeon and an anaesthesiologist. Surgery is carried out in the major or the minor operating room. Maternity care is provided by family physicians and nurses.
Supporting its acute care services are:
- Emergency/outpatient department, major and minor operating rooms
- Satellite Dialysis
- Laboratory and Diagnostic Imaging - including general radiology, ultrasound, CT, mammography and bone density services.
- Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Language Pathology
- Respiratory Therapy, EEG, EKG
- Oncology/Chemotherapy Services
- Regional Nutritionist, Diabetes Education
- Mental Health and Addictions Services
Community Health provides the following client services: home care, health promotion, health education, child health clinics, child birth education, post-natal follow-up, adult immunization, communicable disease control, audio-visual testing services, pre-school health checks, school health program, wellness clinics, mental health and addictions services.
There are also a number of specialists who visit the hospital on a regular basis.
410 Booth Avenue
Labrador City, NL