Public Notice – May 3, 2021 (Booking link updated May 11, 2021)
Labrador-Grenfell Health is opening appointments for People Who Are Pregnant, in accordance with the provincial government expansion of the phase 2 COVID-19 vaccination plan. People who are pregnant have been identified as at-risk for severe COVID-19 in other jurisdictions and vaccines are a safe and effective way to protect the person who is pregnant and their baby.
If you are pregnant and have questions or concerns, we encourage you to have a discussion with your health care provider on the risks and benefits of vaccination.
In addition to individuals in this priority group, COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics are now open to all other Phase 1 and Phase 2 priority groups including:
- Adults (18 years of age and older) who identify as Indigenous;
- Adults 60 years of age and older:
- Adults in marginalized populations where infection could have disproportionate consequences (e.g., people experiencing homelessness or with precarious housing arrangements);
- First responders (including career and volunteer fire fighters, police officers, border services, and search and rescue crew);
- Frontline health care workers who may come into direct contact with patients (includes private health care workers and home support workers);
- Staff, residents, and essential visitors at congregate living settings (shelters, group homes, transition houses, correctional facilities, and children or youth residential settings);
- Individuals (18+) who are clinically extremely vulnerable.;
- People who are required to regularly travel in and out of the province for work, including truck drivers and other rotational workers;
- Frontline essential workers who have direct contact with the public and cannot work from home during Alert Level 5; and
- People who are pregnant.
Eligible individuals can book appointments using the following information:
- Online self-registration
- Health Myself (https://portal.healthmyself.net/nllabradorgrenfellhealth/forms/nkL)
- Select appointment type “Covid-19 Vaccine Dose 1 (by invitation only)”
To learn more about COVID-19 Vaccines, eligibility for priority groups, special considerations, and available locations across the region, please visit www.lghealth.ca/vaccine.
Labrador-Grenfell Health is following provincial and national guidance on COVID-19 vaccination for priority populations. More information regarding continued implementation will be shared in the coming weeks. While waiting for your opportunity for vaccination, and after vaccination, it is important for everyone to continue to follow public health guidance to protect yourself, your loved ones, and your communities.
- Wearing a mask and keeping 2 metres distance;
- Washing your hands frequently;
- Respecting public health guidance on gatherings, travel and quarantine.
- Staying home and calling 8-11 if you feel sick;
Labrador-Grenfell Health will continue to communicate as additional vaccine information becomes available. Please check our website at www.lghealth.ca/vaccine to stay up-to-date.
Regional Director of Communications, Labrador-Grenfell Health