Public Notice – January 21, 2021
Labrador-Grenfell Health is advising the public that the implementation of the COVID-19 vaccine program will continue with elderly persons in remote parts of the region. The Moderna COVID-19 vaccine will be available to individuals 75 years of age or older in communities on the South Coast of Labrador beginning January 26, 2021. The vaccine will be administered on location by the public health vaccination team and community clinic/health centre staff.
Beginning Tuesday January 26th
Cartwright, Charlottetown, Port-Hope Simpson, Mary’s Harbour, St. Lewis, and Forteau.
To Book an Appointment
Call your local health centre or community clinic beginning Thursday January 21st. It is important for patients to be available to receive their second dose in 28 days.
- Cartwright Community Clinic: (709) 938-7285
- Charlottetown Community Clinic: (709) 949-0259
- Labrador South Health Centre, Forteau: (709) 931-2450
- Mary’s Harbour Community Clinic: (709) 921-6228
- Port Hope Simpson Community Clinic: (709) 960-0271
- St. Lewis Community Clinic: (709) 939-2230
Labrador-Grenfell Health is following provincial and national guidance on COVID-19 vaccination for priority populations. More information regarding continued implementation will be shared in the coming weeks. While waiting for your opportunity for vaccination, and after vaccination, it is important for everyone to continue to follow public health guidance to protect yourself, your loved ones, and your communities.
- This includes:
Wearing a mask and keeping 2 metres distance;
- Washing your hands frequently;
- Respecting public health guidance on gatherings, travel and quarantine.
- Staying home and calling 8-11 if you feel sick;
Labrador-Grenfell Health will continue to communicate as additional vaccine information becomes available.
Please check our website at www.lghealth.ca/vaccine to stay up-to-date.
For more information on COVID-19 vaccines, please visit Health Canada. For up-to-date information around the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit www.gov.nl.ca/covid-19.