Public Notice – February 18, 2021
Labrador-Grenfell Health understand the ongoing public concern regarding COVID-19. Information is available by visiting the Labrador-Grenfell Health website www.lghealth.ca/covid-19 or the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador website www.gov.nl.ca/covid-19.
Individuals who have questions or concerns that are unable to be resolved using these resources can also contact Labrador-Grenfell Health as follows:
- By email – email@example.com; or
- By phone – 1-833-505-1178
Labrador-Grenfell Health will strive to provide updates within 24 hours during regular business hours. Please note that this outlet does not replace the COVID-19 online self-assessment or 8-1-1 service, nor will it coordinate testing for COVID-19.
The public is reminded that Individuals experiencing any one symptom or who have been identified by Public Health as a close contact should stay home, immediately start self-isolating and book an appointment by completing a self-assessment online at https://covidassessment.nlchi.nl.ca or by calling 8-1-1.
The severity of symptoms of COVID-19 can range from mild to severe and are defined as:
- Fever (including chills/sweats)
- Cough (new or worsening)
- Small red or purple spots on hands and/or feet
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Loss of appetite
- Vomiting or diarrhea for more than 24 hours
- Runny, stuffy or congested nose (not related to seasonal allergies or other known causes/conditions)
- Sore throat or difficulty swallowing
- Acute loss of sense of smell or taste
- Unusual fatigue, lack of energy
Labrador-Grenfell Health continues to develop processes in line with its person-centered approach to care and communication.
Regional Director of Communications, Labrador-Grenfell Health