The White Bay Central Health Centre, a 13,124 square foot health centre in Roddickton-Bide Arm, was built in 1991. The clinic operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. For most clients, first point of contact is a Regional Nurse or Nurse Practitioner, who offer regular nursing clinics at this site in the same manner as family physicians.
White Bay area residents can access a variety of services through this centre including:
- Ambulatory Care/Family Medicine
- Emergency Services
- Respite / Palliative Care
- 24-hour ambulance service and 24-hour nursing / paramedic personnel for ambulance escort
- Public Health Nursing services and clinics (post-natal visiting, newborn care, pre-school and well baby assessments, lifestyle clinics, pre-natal classes, etc.)
- Mental Health Nursing Services
- Home Care Nursing Services
- Dental Services
- Child, Youth and Family Services (includes childcare, both centre based and family child care, adoptions, youth corrections, child intervention services, family and rehabilitation services)
- Diagnostic Services (limited laboratory and x-ray)
Residents can also access regional services via referral (e.g., physiotherapy, occupational therapy, nutrition, speech/language, etc).
Roddickton-Bide Arm, NL