To be considerate of other patients of the facility, we ask you to:
- Please do not wear scented products such as perfumes, after shave, etc. , as these can cause serious allergic reactions, such as breathing problems.
- Please use the phones provided at the bedside. Cellular phones can disrupt equipment in the ward.
- Please smoke only in the designated smoking area.
The Labrador Inuit Health Commission Office is located in the Transportation Department beside Switchboard. Our hours of operation are Monday to Friday, 8:00 am – 8:00 pm. After hours service can be provided on an on-call basis.
Labradorimi Inuit Inositslagittotigasuallugit Kamajingit SuliaKafinga, nafatausunguvuk Tingijuligifiup SuliaKafingata Sanianni ammalu Phonenit Kamajinit sanianituk. Montagimit Fraitâgimunut, âttammit ullâkut pigiasitluni âttammit unnusammi pijagelutit. SuliaKavivut AmmaKunnaipat, unnusammi phonetukappat Kammatukasungummijuk.
The Innu Nation/Interpreter is located in the Transportation Department beside Switchboard. Our hours of operation are Monday to Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. After hours service can be provided on an on-call basis.
Innuts Kaishuuitamatshetshits pessish KatuKunu nete tshipiskuats Kauitshipitsheanut. Eshenikanut tatipaniKana uskat atuskan nuash nameshimuakan 9:00 am – 5:00 pm etshipanikant. Eka atusussenanuts tshika uishamakanut Katuseshet.
Meals are provided for patients at the following times:
Cafeteria Services are available at the following times:
Breakfast 7:45 – 8:30 AM
AM Coffee Break 10:00 – 10:40 AM
Lunch 12:00 – 1:30 PM
PM Coffee Break 3:00 – 3:30 PM
A gift shop is operated by the Hospital Auxiliary. The hours are Sunday to Friday 1PM – 4PM and 7PM – 9PM.
Information for Visitors
- To ensure patients receive quiet time to recover, visiting hours are generally 2 p.m. to 9 p.m. Please check with the ward for any variations.
- Visitors should smoke only in the designated smoking area.
- Electrical magnetic devices such as cell phones, laptops, computer games, etc. can interfere with sensitive medical equipment. Please turn them off before entering the hospital.
Due to certain conditions patients may have, the ward nurse may give visitors special directions with respect to entry to the room. Please respect the signs posted in the ward.