Diet during hospital stay is important to recovery. When patients are admitted to the hospital, your doctor will order the diet most suitable for you.
The chapel is located on the second floor adjacent to the Inpatient Service unit. A denominational weekly service is held each Friday at 10:30 a.m.
Periodically, the hospital staff participates in emergency response exercises and fire drills. These exercises and drills keep our staff trained so they can respond to emergency situations.
A gift shop is operated by the Hospital Auxiliary and is located near the cafeteria. It is open from 2:00-4:00 p.m. and 7:00-9:00 p.m.
Guidelines for Visitors
Visitors are important during hospital stay. However, we ask that visitors abide by the following regulations:
- Visiting hours are from 2 to 9 p.m. More flexible hours will be permitted for family members of long term and palliative care patients, parents of sick children and fathers/support persons of obstetrical patients.
- Patients are permitted only two visitors at a time. Other visitors are requested to wait in the main lobby. Children of any age may visit provided those under 12 are accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times.
- Labrador-Grenfell Health is a “smoke-free” environment. The smoke-free policy applies to our owned and operated facilities and properties, including the exterior grounds, parking areas and vehicles (corporate and private vehicles on the premises). Therefore, smoking is not permitted anywhere on the Labrador West Health Centre property/grounds. Supports are available to you during your stay, including referral to smoking cessation programs and nicotine replacement therapy, if appropriate. For more information, please speak with your nurse or doctor. Please note that voluntary patients who wish to leave the premises for any purpose, including smoking, do so at their own risk. This policy protects clients, visitors and employees from the negative effects of second-hand smoke and supports our vision of healthy people in healthy communities. Your cooperation with our smoke-free policy is appreciated.
- Electrical equipment presents a hazard to the hospital and our patients. We therefore inspect all electrical equipment before allowing its use. Please ask the nursing unit coordinator to arrange inspection for your hair dryer, razor, radio, television set and any other electrical equipment. While television, radio, tablets and computer games may be pleasant for you, the noise may upset other people. Please use them as softly as possible and respect the needs of others for quiet rest.
- There may be special sanitary precautions for visitors to obey. The ward nurse will inform visitors of any special requirements.
- Please refrain from visiting if you have any symptoms of the flu.
French Interpretation Services
The Labrador West Health Centre provides French translation service for its patients. Arrangements for translation can be made through the Surgeon’s Office or Health Records.
Centre de santé Labrador l’Quest offre la traduction française pour ses patients. Ce service est disponible le Jeudi de 8hrs à 16hrs.Les mesures à prendre pour les traductions peuvent être faîte à partir du bureau du chirurgien ou aux dossier médicaux.
Labrador West Health Centre
1700 Nichols-Adam Highway
Labrador City, NL
Main Switchboard (709) 285-8100