Labrador-Grenfell Health Influenza Vaccination Clinics
Labrador-Grenfell Health Influenza (flu) vaccination clinics begin on Monday, October 17, 2022. Vaccines will be available by appointment and through some mass vaccination clinics.
Given the reduced public health restrictions since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, an increase in flu cases is expected this year. Flu can be a very serious illness, especially for children under two years old, seniors over 65, and people of all ages at higher risk of complications (diabetes, COPD, asthma, etc.). The flu shot can help protect you, your family, and your community. The flu shot is strongly recommended for people over the age of six months.
COVID-19 is still circulating in our communities and you are encouraged to book your COVID-19 vaccine or booster. It is safe to receive a COVID-19 vaccine or booster at the same time as your flu shot. Labrador-Grenfell Health flu shot clinics will also offer COVID-19 vaccines and boosters (including Moderna Spikevax bivalent vaccine) for people over the age of five. For information, or to book a COVID-19 vaccine appointment, for children aged six months to five years old, please contact your nearest public health office.
Book Your Flu Shot
- If you live in Labrador West, Cartwright, Goose Bay, St. Anthony, Flower’s Cove, Roddickton, or surrounding areas, you can book an appointment online at Time for the Shot You can also book by calling toll-free 1 833-951-3904.
- If you live outside of these communities, please call your nearest Public Health office to book your vaccine or COVID-19 booster appointment.
- You can also get your free flu shot from your family physician or local pharmacy.
COVID-19 Vaccine and Booster
- To get your COVID-19 vaccine at the same time as your flu shot, please book an influenza appointment only. When you register for your appointment, let your health care provider know that you would also like to receive a COVID-19 vaccine as well.
- You can also book a COVID-19 vaccine appointment without booking a flu shot. Book online at Pomelo Platform, call toll-free 1 833-960-3643, or call your local public health office.
Important Reminders for Flu Shot and COVID-19 Vaccine/Booster Appointments
- Bring your non-expired MCP card.
- Wear short sleeves to your appointment.
- Masks must be worn. Masks will also be available at the vaccine clinics.
- When you register, let your health care provider know if you would also like to receive your COVID-19 vaccine or booster.
For more information, visit Time for the Shot
Labrador-Grenfell Health Communications