PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
August 22, 2022 – Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL: Labrador-Grenfell Health is providing the Imvamune vaccine for the Monkeypox virus to eligible individuals starting today (Monday, August 22nd). The eligibility list for this vaccine is based on what we’ve learned from other areas of the country experiencing this outbreak.
The Monkeypox Imvamune vaccine is available to:
- Two-spirit people, transgender people, and cisgender males who self-identify as belonging to the gay, bisexual, queer, and men who have sex with men community, AND meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Have had sex with two or more partners in the last 90 days, or planning to do so;
- Have received a diagnosis of a sexually transmitted infection in the last six months;
- Have attended, worked, or volunteered in venues or other locations for sexual contact within the past 90 days or may be planning to do so, whether in or outside of the province.
The vaccine will also be offered to sexual contacts of individuals in the above eligibility groups as well as to people who engage in, or plan to engage in, sex work.
If you live in the Labrador-Grenfell Health region and are eligible for the Imvamune vaccine, contact any LGH Public Health office for an appointment. https://www.lghealth.ca/contact-us/ Your vaccine appointment will be booked once you identify as being eligible. You will NOT be asked for information about how you are eligible.
If you believe you have been exposed to Monkeypox and/or are experiencing symptoms, contact your health care provider or call 811 to arrange for assessment and testing.
- Canada https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/monkeypox.html
- Newfoundland and Labrador https://www.gov.nl.ca/hcs/monkeypox/
- HealthLine at 811 or 1 888.709.2929 medical advice, health information, mental health, and virtual care
- Lifewise Mental Health Peer Support Warmline 1 855.753.2560 https://lifewisenl.ca/
- Bridge the gapp https://www.bridgethegapp.ca/
Labrador-Grenfell Health Communications