Public Advisory – December 27, 2021
Following a thorough investigation by Public Health, Labrador-Grenfell Health is advising individuals who visited the following locations to seek testing in keeping with public notifications for possible exposure:
E.J. Broomfield Memorial Arena, 2-10 Churchill Street, Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL
- December 19, 9:30 a.m. to 11:40 a.m.
- December 20, 8:55 p.m. to 10:25 p.m.
- December 21, 7:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- December 22, 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- December 22, 9:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- December 23, 7:00 p.m. to 9:50 p.m.
- December 24, 9:00 a.m. to 10:05 a.m.
Individuals who were present at these locations during these times are asked to seek testing at the drive-thru testing site in Happy Valley-Goose Bay:
- Labrador Health Center, 227 Hamilton River Rd., December 27 from 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Bethel Pentecostal Tabernacle, 250 Hamilton River Rd., December 28 from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
We are asking the public to please not attend the drive-thru clinic unless they were at the locations listed above. This is to ensure all contacts receive testing as quickly as possible to prevent the possible spread of illness. Anyone with symptoms of COVID-19 is asked to isolate and seek testing by completing an online assessment or calling 8-1-1.
People who visited these locations and currently have symptoms of COVID-19 are required to isolate until 24 hours after their symptoms resolve and they receive a negative test result. People who visited these locations and do not currently have symptoms of COVID-19 are not required to isolate until they receive a negative test result. While awaiting their test result, they should monitor for symptoms and isolate should any symptoms develop.
Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Fever, including chills or sweats;
- A new or worsening cough;
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing;
- Runny, stuffy or congested nose;
- Sore throat or difficulty swallowing;
- Loss of sense of smell or taste;
- Unusual fatigue or lack of energy;
- New onset of muscle aches;
- Loss of appetite;
- Vomiting or diarrhea for more than 24 hours; and,
- Small red or purple spots on hands and/or feet.
For a full list of potential COVID-19 exposure notifications, please visit: https://www.gov.nl.ca/covid-19/updates-resources/potential-covid-19-exposures/ . For the most up-to-date information related to COVID-19, please visit: www.gov.nl.ca/covid-19.
Regional Director of Communications, Labrador-Grenfell Health