Public Notice – Month Day, 2021
Labrador-Grenfell Health is advising individuals who visited the following locations to seek testing in keeping with public notifications for possible exposure:
Jungle Jim’s Eatery, 382 Hamilton River Road, Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL
- December 23, 2021, 4:00 p.m. to 5:15 p.m.
The below exposure was also communicated earlier today:
Trapper’s Cabin Bar & Grill, 1 Aspen Road, Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL
- December 17, 7:00 p.m. to close
- December 18, 9:50 p.m. to close
- December 20, 5:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Individuals who were present at these locations during these times are asked to seek testing at the drive-thru testing site at the Bethel Pentecostal Tabernacle, 250 Hamilton River Rd , Happy Valley-Goose Bay:
- December 29 from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
We are asking the public to please not attend the drive-thru clinic unless they were at the location listed above or have been advised by public health that they are a contact. This is to ensure all contacts receive testing as quickly as possible to prevent the possible spread of illness. Anyone with symptoms of COVID-19 are asked to isolate and seek testing by calling 8-1-1 or completing an online assessment.
People who visited these locations and currently have symptoms of COVID-19 are required to isolate until 24 hours after their symptoms resolve and they receive a negative test result. People who visited these locations and do not currently have symptoms of COVID-19 are not required to isolate until they receive a negative test result. While awaiting their test result, they should monitor for symptoms and isolate should any symptoms develop.
Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Fever, including chills or sweats;
- A new or worsening cough;
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing;
- Runny, stuffy or congested nose;
- Sore throat or difficulty swallowing;
- Loss of sense of smell or taste;
- Unusual fatigue or lack of energy;
- New onset of muscle aches;
- Loss of appetite;
- Vomiting or diarrhea for more than 24 hours; and,
- Small red or purple spots on hands and/or feet.
For a full list of potential COVID-19 exposure notifications, please visit: https://www.gov.nl.ca/covid-19/updates-resources/potential-covid-19-exposures/ . For the most up-to-date information related to COVID-19, please visit: www.gov.nl.ca/covid-19.
Regional Director of Communications, Labrador-Grenfell Health