Public Notice – June 8, 2021
Labrador-Grenfell Health is working to immunize against COVID-19 as quickly as vaccine supply allows.
Last week, the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador announced that second dose appointments scheduled for July 16 to August 5 can be rescheduled to an earlier date to ensure that the 70 years and older priority group have an opportunity to be fully vaccinated before provincial re-opening in July. The number of appointments available per region may vary and is based on vaccine availability and scheduling.
In the Labrador-Grenfell Health region, the majority of the population over 70 years has been completed or is scheduled to receive their second dose before July 9, 2021. Local public health offices are contacting individuals to offer earlier appointments as our vaccine supply allows.
At this time, Labrador-Grenfell Health is working to begin offering second dose vaccines to the following eligible groups:
- Individuals with a second dose booked between July 16 and August 5;
- Individuals who received their first dose outside the province on or before April 16;
- Rotational workers who must travel for work before second dose. (It is recommended these individuals wait eight weeks before second dose and must not book earlier than 28 days from first dose); and
- Individuals who received a first dose of AstraZeneca/Covishield on or before March 26 and would like to book a second dose with AstraZeneca.
As the regional health authorities continue their efforts to get as many people vaccinated as possible, it is important that people don’t “jump the queue.”
Please continue to look for updates regularly on the provincial vaccine site, as well as the Labrador-Grenfell Health COVID-19 Vaccine Portal. When booking appointments online, individuals should make sure that they select the right type of appointment and do not select ‘dose 1’ appointment option to book second dose appointments.
Eligible individuals can book appointments using the following information:
For Dose 1 appointments – Individuals 12 years and older:
- Online self-registration
- Click here to book online!
- Select appointment type “Covid-19 Vaccine Dose 1 (by invitation only)”
For Dose 2 appointments – See eligibility above:
- Online self-registrations
- Click here to book online!
Select Dose 2 appointment with the appropriate vaccine type
To learn more about COVID-19 Vaccines, a complete list of priority groups, special considerations, and available locations across the region, please visit www.lghealth.ca/vaccine.
Labrador-Grenfell Health is following provincial and national guidance on COVID-19 vaccination for priority populations. More information regarding continued implementation will be shared in the coming weeks. While waiting for your opportunity for vaccination, and after vaccination, it is important for everyone to continue to follow public health guidance to protect yourself, your loved ones, and your communities.
- Wearing a mask and keeping 2 metres distance;
- Washing your hands frequently;
- Respecting public health guidance on gatherings, travel and quarantine.
- Staying home and calling 8-11 if you feel sick;
Labrador-Grenfell Health will continue to communicate as additional vaccine information becomes available. Please check our website at www.lghealth.ca/vaccine to stay up-to-date.
For more information on COVID-19 vaccines, please visit Health Canada. For up-to-date information around the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit www.gov.nl.ca/covid-19.
Regional Director of Communications, Labrador-Grenfell Health