Public Notice – December 16, 2022
Due to the available number of Registered Nurses at Labrador Health Centre (LHC), temporary service delivery changes are required at this facility.
Obstetrical Services Diversion
- Effective Friday, December 16th, all obstetrical services will be diverted from Labrador Health Centre to Labrador West Health Centre in Labrador City.
- This diversion is expected to last until January 13, 2023.
- If you are expecting and your due date is during the diversion period, you will be contacted to discuss your birth plans options.
- Always call 911 in any medical emergency.
- All coastal medevac patients will be diverted to a LGH facility (outside of Labrador Health Centre).
Transitioning to Home and Community Care
- Early discharge is being arranged for patients who do not require acute care services at LHC.
- LGH is working with patients and their families to coordinate home and community placements that best meet their care needs.
There are no changes to emergency services at Labrador Health Centre.
- Labrador Health Centre’s Emergency Department is open 24/7.
- Labrador Health Centre will continue to provide emergency surgical procedures.
Labrador-Grenfell Health recognizes that these changes can add to the stress of the holiday season, and apologizes for the temporary service interruptions. LGH is committed to providing access to safe and quality health services, and to the health and wellbeing of our employees.
Labrador-Grenfell Health will continue to provide updates on these temporary service changes until the Labrador Health Centre returns to regular service levels.
If you have questions or concerns about these changes, please contact Client Relations at 1 833.505.1178 or email email@example.com
Always call 911 for any medical emergency.
- Call 811 to talk to a Registered Nurse 24 hours, seven days a week. The HealthLine also has a nurse practitioner (NP) virtual care service that can prevent unnecessary emergency room visits for non-emergent issues. Appointments with NPs over the phone or by video are available every day from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., including weekends. Please note that appointments to see the 811 NP can usually be accommodated within three days.
- If you are experiencing a mental health crisis, please call 811.
- Lifewise Provincial Warm Line 1 855.753.2560 (9:00 a.m. – 12:00 a.m. daily)
- Labrador-Grenfell Health Client Relations 1 833.505.1178
Labrador-Grenfell Health Communications