Public Advisory – January 14, 2022
Labrador-Grenfell Health is advising the public there will be no in-person, on-site physician services at the Strait of Belle Isle Health Centre in Flower’s Cove from January 14 at Noon until February 20, 2022. This temporary change is due to physician and locum availability.
The Strait of Belle Isle Health Centre continues to offer health and wellness services:
- Regional Nurses provide on-site care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Nurse Practitioner provides in-person and virtual care Mondays – Fridays.
- Physician virtual care is available Mondays – Fridays.
- For urgent and emergent care needs, Registered Nurses are supported virtually by Charles S. Curtis Memorial Hospital’s Emergency Department in St. Anthony.
Always call 9-1-1 for any medical emergency.
Since January 3, 2022, all Labrador-Grenfell Health facilities have realigned resources to focus on the following areas: COVID-19 pandemic response (testing, vaccines, boosters, public health case management), cancer care, obstetrics (antenatal, labour, delivery, postnatal), dialysis, mental health, and urgent and emergency services. Any changes in health and wellness services, even temporary, can be stressful.
Labrador-Grenfell Health thanks residents for their understanding and support and apologizes for any inconvenience temporary service changes cause.
- COVID-19 information gov.nl.ca/covid-19
- Call 8-1-1 to talk to a Registered Nurse for medical advice and health information. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It’s free and confidential.
- Provincial CHANNAL Warm Line 1 855-753-2560(9:00 a.m. – 12:00 a.m. daily)
- Mental Health Crisis Line 1 888-737-4668
- Labrador-Grenfell Health Client Relations 1-833-505-1178
Labrador-Grenfell Health Communications