Public Notice – July 22, 2021
Labrador-Grenfell Health is advising the public that effective Friday, July 23, visitor restrictions in place at all Labrador-Grenfell Health facilities will be updated to include the following:
- Visiting Hours for Acute Care will be from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. daily.
- Visiting hours for residents in Long-Term Care will remain unchanged while we continue to work to accommodate families.
- Visitors may visit more often than one time each day.
- If a patient/resident is in a shared room, visitors must follow physical distancing measures. We ask visitors respect the comfort level of the other patients/ residents in the room.
- Some spaces may be unable to accommodate multiple visitors at the same time. In these situations, the clinical care team will work with the patient/resident/family to identify options for visitation.
- Visitation is encouraged in a patient/resident’s room or outdoors. Physical distancing must be maintained if visitation takes place outside the room and inside the facility.
- Each time you enter a health care facility, please limit your visitation to one patient/resident.
- In extenuating circumstances, visits with more than one patient/resident is permitted (i.e. both parents in long-term care).
- All visitors must register upon arrival to the unit and be screened for COVID-19. You may let the screeners know you have already completed your screening if you are returning for multiple visits on the same day
- Please note that a delay in screening upon entry may occur if there are a high number of visitors at the same time. Please be patient and respectful.
For appointments or Emergency Department visits:
- Patients are asked to consider the need to have a support person. Patients who can safely manage without assistance/support should come independently.
- Support persons may be asked to wait outside the facility to ensure adequate space is available in the waiting area for patients. The care team will accommodate the support person in the treatment area when requested by the patient.
If you have questions about visitation or COVID-19 guidelines at Labrador-Grenfell Health facilities, please contact the care team to discuss visitation for your loved one.
More information about COVID-19 can be found on the province of Newfoundland and Labrador’s website www.gov.nl.ca/covid-19 and on the Labrador-Grenfell Health webpage www.lghealth.ca/covid-19.
Labrador-Grenfell Health would like to thank the public for their continued
Regional Director of Communications, Labrador-Grenfell Health