Public Notice – September 10, 2021
Due to the presence of gastrointestinal-like illness, visitor restrictions are in effect at the Long-Term Care facility in Happy Valley-Goose Bay.
The general public is asked to refrain from visiting Wing A of the unit until further notice.
Visitation in other wings may continue. Please call ahead if you have any questions.
The following precautions are recommended for designated family members at this facility:
- Wash or sanitize your hands thoroughly before entering and leaving this facility.
- Apply a mask at point of entry into the facility. Keep mask on for duration of visit.
- Check in at the COVID-19 screening table before visiting the residents’ room.
- If you are experiencing any flu-like or gastrointestinal symptoms such as cough, fever, runny nose, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea etc.; you should refrain from visiting the Long-Term Care Unit until at least 48 hours after your last symptoms. Call 8-1-1 to arrange COVID-19 testing.
- Comply with any other instructions from staff.
If you have questions, please call:
Resident Care Facilitator
Thank you for your cooperation in helping prevent the spread of illness.
Regional Director of Communications