- Surgery, anesthesiology, orthopedic, ophthalmology and dental surgery offered through day surgery and inpatient admissions.
- Maternal child health services, including gynecology, obstetrics and pediatrics.
- Other medical, nursing and rehabilitation services, including psychiatry, internal medicine, Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) service, Pain Clinic through the anesthesiology department, emergency room services, family medicine, ambulatory care, dental services, intensive care, occupational therapy, physiotherapy and speech language pathology.
- Oncology services, including chemotherapy and palliative care.
- Laboratory services, including microbiology, biochemistry, hematology, blood banking, cytology and histology/pathology. (General laboratory services available at the health centres).
- Diagnostic imaging services, including general x-ray, fluoroscopy, mammography, ultrasound, CT scan, invasive diagnostic, ECG, EEG, pulmonary function testing, cardiac stress testing and audiology services. Clients access diagnostic services via referral from a physician or nurse practitioner. (General diagnostic imaging services available at the health centres).
- Autopsy services (hospital and medical examiner cases), accessed through physicians and the medical examiner’s office(s).
- Pharmacy services, including drug services for long-term care facilities, pharmacy support to nursing and medical staff (e.g. information), procurement of Public Health supplies (e.g. vaccines), chemotherapy services, and oxygen, in addition to direct provision to the general public in selected locations.
Clients access services through outpatient appointments at selected facilities located throughout the region. Specialty services are accessed through referral by designated health professionals. Some specialty services are offered through traveling clinics. Rehabilitation services and discharge planning services are offered on an inpatient and outpatient basis. Referrals for these services may be made through the following departments: physiotherapy, occupational therapy, social work, addictions, speech language pathology, diabetes education, etc.