is a single session, walk-in counselling service:
- Available to youth and adults without an appointment or referral
- A health care professional will meet with you and discuss your concerns on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- DoorWays provides information and support focused on your need. Some examples of what you may want to discuss are: family, health, grief, work, relationships, stress, anxiety, depression, drinking or drug use.
DoorWays is not
an emergency service. In an emergency, call 911 or the Mental Health Crisis Line at
1-888-737-4668, or proceed to the nearest emergency department.
To find DoorWays in your area
- Call 811 and a Healthline nurse will provide you with a location near you.
Counsellors are available to support individuals who have mental health or substance use concerns as well as family/friends who are affected. Please don’t hesitate to contact us regarding:
Alcohol and Drugs Grief and Loss
Anxiety and Stress Depression
Mental Illness Parenting
Relationships Sexual, Physical and Emotional Abuse
Gender and Identity Anger
Eating Disorders Family Issues
Fear and Phobias Gambling
Or any other concern that is affecting your mental health and wellbeing….
To find a counsellor near you
- bridgethegapp.ca Service Directory
- Call 811 and a Healthline nurse will provide you with a contact number.
Eating Disorder Counselling:
HOPE Program = Healthy Opportunities for People with Eating Disorders
The Hope Program is for you and your family if you are 15+ and have been diagnosed with anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa or other specified feeding and eating disorder. We are available to anyone in the province by phone and we are also at the Renata Elizabeth Withers Centre for Hope
on Major’s Path in St. John’s so that you can begin your journey to wellness in a trusting, supportive environment.
- Call us at 709-777-2041
- Talk to a physician or health care provider. If the Hope Program is the best option for you, they can make a referral.