Public Notice – June 10, 2020
Labrador-Grenfell Health is pleased to increase access for designated visitors in our hospitals, long-term care and personal care homes during Alert Level 3.
To reduce the risk of possible spread of COVID-19, designated visitors will be permitted as outlined within guidelines in place at each site. Guidelines include:
- All visitors will be screened for COVID-19 and be provided a mask which they are required to wear for the duration of the visit.
- Individuals must coordinate the visit with the site/health care team in advance.
- Patients and residents can designate one visitor who will not change for the duration of visiting restrictions.
- Family members of long-term care residents will be contacted by staff to explain the procedure for visiting at each individual site.
- The care team for admitted patients will coordinate visits with patients and the designated visitor(s).
- For outpatient and Emergency Department visits, individuals with comprehension or mobility concerns may have one designated person accompany them.
- Care teams can provide direction for visiting palliative care patients as guidelines vary for different palliative care stages.
- For obstetric patients, one designated person and one doula can attend during delivery. One designated person can visit with a mother and newborn for the duration of their stay in hospital following delivery.
- Both parents of an admitted child may visit at the same time.
- Intensive care unit patients can have two designated visitors at the same time.
- General visitation is not permitted at this time.
Complete guidelines are available here
We understand that this is a difficult time and are thanking the public for their patience and cooperation. Family members with questions may contact the facility, contacts are listed below.
For more information on COVID-19, please visit the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador website below.
For updates pertaining to Labrador-Grenfell Health’s services and COVID-19 restrictions, please visit www.lghealth.ca/covid-19 or Twitter page.
Regional Director of Communications
CONTACTS BY FACILITY
Charles S. Curtis Memorial Hospital
Happy Valley-Goose Bay Long-Term Care Home
John M. Gray Centre
Labrador Health Centre
Labrador South Health Centre
Labrador West Health Centre